Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Haven't Been Sucked up by Gluten Wielding Aliens


My, what a strange time it's been. If anyone is still checking in on this, you've probably figured that I decided to give up on this blog before it ever really started. Or that I went insane, ate half a cake and did myself in from intestinal distress. Or something like that.

Actually, I've been unwell. I don't want to go into the whole sordid story here, but I did mention it on my other vehicle of spew, my art-related space. It turned out that the generic medication that I'd been taking wasn't any good. This particular pharmaceutical replaces a vital hormone that my body no longer makes on its own. Of all things, it was my gluten intolerance that led to me figuring it out. My pharmacy was going to switch me to another generic. The new pharma company wouldn't vouch for it being gluten free. Feeling ripped off, I had to go on the name brand at a much higher price. As soon as I took the first dose, I went from having so little stamina I could barely stand without breaking into an exhausted sweat and feeling faint to feeling almost close to normal. Even my chronic pain got more controllable. I'm ecstatic and relieved to get some of my life back, even as I'm raging inside for how much I've lost due to a bad drug that was supposed to be "equivalent" to the name brand. I'm finding out I'm not alone. Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment